Of all the flavors that exist, peppermint sits near the top of the list in terms of popularity. Peppermint is in everything from air fresheners, to chewing gum, lip balms, cleaning products, and Starbuck’s “Midnight Mint” Mocha; it’s literally everywhere.
At Skinny & Co., our goal is to create products that maximize health benefits by using the highest quality and effective ingredients possible. For Skinny & Co. Peppermint Lip Balm and Skinny & Co. Peppermint Oil Pulling Coconut Oil, that meant finding the perfect mint that was both delicious and therapeutic.
Single-origin, Oregon peppermint
A product is the sum of its ingredients, and you are what you eat. Knowing these things, Skinny & Co. only uses the highest grade ingredients, like our Oregon peppermint essential oil.
Our special Willamette Valley peppermint (mentha piperita) is considered sweeter, less herbal, and is only available certain times of the year in the Pacific Northwest. Additionally, we go a little further and only buy peppermint oil distilled from the flowering buds, never lower quality mint leaves.
Peppermint essential oil benefits and uses
Did you know that there are more than 2,600 published studies on the health benefits of peppermint essential oil and menthol (a component of peppermint)? Below, we’ve listed some of the most notable:
- Antiseptic and antimicrobial (for use on wounds and in oral hygiene routines)
- Allergy relief (place small amount near nostrils and inhale deeply)
- Treatment for IBS and gastric issues (encapsulated peppermint essential oil)
- Hair thickener (add to shampoo)
- Bug repellant (apply to skin in place of bug repellents you can buy at the drugstore)
- Calming effects (The Romans, Egyptians, and Hebrews all used peppermint for this reason)
- Full of vitamins A, C, and B2, as well as calcium, copper, and magnesium (ingest a small amount daily for this benefit)
Should you be using peppermint? Definitely! So, take a leap into the loving arms of peppermint oil and try one of Skinny & Co.’s premium products containing Willamette Valley peppermint essential oil.